From a 1979 BYU speech:
"A few months ago my father was hospitalized with a serious illness. My sister and I flew out to be with him and my mother during the crisis. I was sitting in his hospital room at his bedside when I saw my sister in the hallway outside of his room motioning for me to come and join her. When I stepped out into the hallway she pointed to the ceiling and gestured for me to listen.
Playing at very low volume over the hallway speaker system was Braham’s Lullaby. We asked one of the nurses about the song and she explained that every time a baby is born in that hospital they play Braham’s Lullaby over the hallway speaker system to celebrate the birth. My sister and I stood between our father who was in danger of departing this earth and a just-arriving baby. We stood at the veil.
"Elder Maxwell describes how we felt: 'We experience this same close separateness when a baby is born, but also as we wait with those who are dying--for then we brush against the veil, as goodbyes and greetings are said almost within earshot of each other.' ” --Barbara Keil
Monday, May 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just went through this yesterday. We visited a friend in hospice last night and I had just told Phil about all the baby boys coming. It was the same feeling of the veil being very thin.
Post a Comment